The application for registration to the congress will open on January 27, 2017.
Autumn is one of the best seasons to visit Seville. In November the weather is a bit cooler and temperature is moderate (20-25 degrees Celsius). In autumn it is common to find stalls of delicious warm roasted chestnut in the most commercial streets of the city.
Formalize your registration before July 16, 2017 to enjoy the reduced rates.
Seville airport provides public transport services (taxis and buses) or private services (by car or car rental) to the visitors. More information: http://www.gowithoh.com/guide-seville/airport-transport/
Those who can benefit from reduced registration fee are students who do not receive a salary for their work or study, unemployed professionals, professionals working in NGOs, and members of associates. All the above conditions must be accredited at the time of registration. The documentation provided will be manually reviewed by the Technical Secretariat of III ICCPCA.
The student fee applies to those who are studying fulltime at an undergraduate level or for an official master´s degree. This condition does not apply to persons who, besides being students receive a salary related to their work or studies. In Spain, most PhD students are employed by their university and receives a salary (thus, are not entitled to the student fee) (FPU and FPI grants, any other grants awarded by the Governments of the Autonomous Communities of Spain), but this may differ from country to country. It is mandatory to provide a proof of student status and all documents will be reviewed manually by the Technical Secretariat.
We recommend that you book your room with special rates for congress attendees in the conference venue (Hotel Meliá Sevilla ****, Calle Doctor Pedro de Castro, 1, 41004 Seville, Spain). Special rates for congress attendees will be announced very soon at http://aitanacongress.com/2017/en/travel-and-accommodation.
We do not recommend you waiting still the last minute to book a hotel room because places are limited. Please, check the reservation process and conditions here.
The easiest way is to upload a scanned current registration receipt or student ID (only if it has an expiration date) when completing your registration form. If your upload does not work, try a smaller picture, or email the Technical Secretariat of the III ICCPCA firstname.lastname@example.org. You must be a student at least at the time of formalizing your registration for the congress.
We are negotiating the best prices with flight and train companies for those attending the III ICCPCA. The information will be available from January 2017 here.
The associates are companies, associations, institutions (such as universities, research centers, private clinics, etc.), all linked to the field of clinical and health psychology on children and adolescents. An agreement with the congress committee will be formalized through the person responsible of each entity to encourage the participation of its members in the III ICCPCA. The members of the collaborating institutions will benefit from a reduced registration fee. Do not miss the opportunity to benefit from the discount.
We recommend you to select previously the sessions that are of your interest. Save some time for networking, walking, shopping, and exploring the city. Make your stay in Seville a complete experience! The congress will be held at the Hotel Meliá Sevilla****. Check out in the program the sessions that you would like attending to, and look for the rooms in the map included in the attendees’ materials.
After formalizing the collaboration agreement, the name of the institution will be announced in the list of associates in the registration section. Please, check out if your institution is already collaborating, and let us know when you make your registration!
Select the sessions and activities that you want to attend.
- Check online the program updated.
- Identify key people you want to meet, select the sessions in which they participate, and think how to present to converse with them.
Contact relevant professionals and researchers in your field of study few weeks ahead of time to express your interest in meeting them, and ask them if they would have time to meet you for a coffee or dinner. You can see who will be attending by consulting the scientific program in the congress website. Setting up a meeting in advance makes easier networking. Cheer up!
- This meeting can provide feedback on your research (grants and projects, publications, etc.)
- If you set up a meeting with somebody, make sure to read their latest publications before attending the congress.
If you are presenting:
- Oral communication: Practice your presentation according to the time you have (10 minutes).
- Poster: Prepare a brief presentation (10 minutes) in case your paper is one of the finalists.
- Check out the day and time of your presentation (we will inform you by email a few weeks before).
- Take advantage of the poster sessions to establish new contacts that will enable future collaboration and share your professional concerns.
If the institution where you work is still not collaborating with the congress, but you are still interested in benefit from this discount, talk to the person responsible of agreements in your institution, and contact us at email@example.com.
- Coat: The weather in Seville can be cool in November.
- Comfy shoes: To walk around the city and visit landmarks.
- Professional clothes: To wear during all sessions and activities you attend.
- Casual clothes: To wear in the congress dinner and visit the city.
- Note-taking tools: Laptops, notebook, tablet, etc. We will provide paper and a pen!
- Water and snacks: We recommend you bring your own bottle of water and something to eat between sessions if you have free time. You can also buy them at the cafe.
- Business cards: Do not lose the opportunity to provide your business card to other professionals with whom you are interested to keep in touch after the congress.
- Step down voltage converters and transformers: If you come from a non-European country, you should note that Europe runs on 220V. A transformer and universal adapter can be useful to use your electronic devices. You can also buy it in Seville!
- Your personal schedule: Check the online schedule to identify the sessions you want to attend and elaborate your own schedule. Set up some time for networking and establish new connections with researchers and professional from other countries.
- A backup file of your poster or presentation: We recommend that you back up your poster and / or oral presentation in a USB drive, DVD, laptop or your email.
- Lots of enthusiasm to learn and enjoy of these intensive days in Seville!
Yes, you can register on-site if you wish. However, you should know that in the last editions all the tickets were sold out weeks before the date of the congress; therefore, we cannot guarantee that there will be tickets left. You can read more about on-site registration here
- If you present a communication: Find the room where you will be presenting in advance (1 hour before). Arrive on time to your own presentation!
- Meet other attendees and speakers: We all love that others are interested in our research and /or professional work. Do not let shame slow you down to know important people in your field and with whom you can work with in the future!
- When to introduce you to the speakers: People often approach the speakers after finishing their speech. The sessions are followed one another, so it is convenient to leave the room early to start the next session, in order to respect the congress schedule. We recommend you to take advantage of the poster sessions and breaks to introduce you and provide your business card to the speakers.
The modalities of participation are oral communication, poster or symposium. The most common way to be part of the program is to submit an abstract in our portal here. If you want to organize your own symposium on a specific topic of clinical and/or health psychology on children and adolescent, you can send your proposal by email firstname.lastname@example.org
The proposal must include: (1) title of the symposium, (2) abstract of the symposium (250-300 words), and (3) the name and workplace of the proposed presenters.
Symposia have a duration of 50 minutes and consist of 4 oral communications, one of them can be presented by the coordinator/organizer itself, although it is not a requirement. Each presentation will last 10 minutes, and there will be some time for discussion (10 minutes). As coordinator of symposium, you would be the responsible of introducing the symposium participants, present your own communication (if applicable), and moderate the debate. Please, note that the presenters of communications in symposia cannot participate as moderators or presenters at symposia or other activities of the congress program. This decision of the organizing committee is based on the desire to spread the maximum number of works from several research teams and professionals. The deadline for submitting your proposal of symposium is 30 January 2017. The scientific committee will evaluate your proposal and will communicate you the decision as soon as possible. Later, you will be prompted the title and an abstract of each oral communication, and contact details for each presenter to formalize the proposal of symposium.
Follow up with people you met during the congress and answer questions or issues. Keep in touch with them!