Original research can be presented, including group studies aimed at experimental evaluations of a clinical prevention or treatment intervention; correlational or predictive cross-sectional studies aimed at analyzing the relationship among variables of clinical interest, and validation studies of psychological tools; case studies, such as those that display a single-case design of an intervention carried out on a child-adolescent sample; and literature revisions and researches focused on different areas related to psychopathology, evaluation and psychological treatment of children and adolescents.
Abstracts can be submitted in any of the official languages of the congress (Spanish and English, with English being the recommended language). All proposed works will be peer-evaluated in coordination with the scientific committee. Proposals for communication panels, oral communications, and posters may be submitted through the electronic platform. You should select the presentation modality, although the scientific committee reserves the acceptance depending on changes of modality.
Deadline abstract submission
First wave of acceptance of abstracts
End of authors registration period
A certificate of presentation of communication and/or poster will be uploaded to the personal area of the author presenting the work for those works that have definitely been presented during the congress (1 copy in pdf per communication/poster with all the authors).
Work focused on child and adolescent populations addressing aspects of psychopathology, evaluation, psychological treatment in clinical and health areas will be accepted. The work may be on the following topics: psychological evaluation, anxiety disorders, mood disorders, behavioral problems, addictions, sexual abuse, eating disorders, autism, ADHD, learning disabilities, sexual health, violence, behavior risk, new approaches and prevention and promotion of mental health.
The poster presentation format can be eligible for award. A jury will select the seven best posters presented taking into account the criterion of originality and the quality of the study. The finalist will present their work in a 5-minute oral presentation. The following awards will be announced:
EDICIONES PIRÁMIDE AWARD FOR YOUNG RESEARCHER
In this category, young researchers (PhD students and post-doctoral investigators) under 30 years old may participate (born 1990 onwards). The study must consist of an original research (see section “General information”). The young researcher must be the primary signatory of the study and the author responsible for its presentation. The author must attach a letter of recommendation from the supervisor to endorse the work. The award will consist of €300 prize.
AWARD FOR THE BEST INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH
In this category, any researcher that works in an academic or research institute, located in any country other than Spain may participate. The research must consist of an original study (see section “General information”). The award will consist of €300 prize.
AWARD FOR THE BEST APPLIED RESEARCH
In this category, any professional involved in child and adolescent psychology may participate, and must be accredited. The study must consist of a presentation of a case study or group treatment in any work context (clinical, educational, social, etc.). The author must attach a letter from the director or supervisor of the clinical center in which he/she authorizes to present the work. If the author is freelance, it must be mentioned in an explanatory letter. The award will consist of €300 prize.
Authors who would like to be awarded (for poster works) must prove that they meet the requirements for the specific category: young researcher, professional and international. The organization will require documentation accrediting these requirements.Finalists will receive an accredited certificate. For the reception of award, the presence of the authors of the awarded posters in the closing ceremony will be required.
MODALITIES OF PARTICIPATION
The monographic table proposal will be made following these steps:
1) The chair of the monographic table will send the general abstract of the proposal through the papers submission platform.
2) To complete the proposal you must send us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following information:
- Name and brief curriculum vitae of the chair (250-300 words).
- A high-quality photo of the symposium chair for the website.
- Title of each communication that makes up the monographic table, indicating name, surnames and email of the components.
3) After reviewing the proposal by the scientific committee, the technical secretariat will contact the chair to inform him / her about the decision (provisionally accepted, provisionally accepted with changes, not accepted, proposal for change of modality).
4) The technical secretariat will confirm the definitive acceptance to the chair when all the speakers of the monographic table are registered to the congress. From that moment (and before the deadline for paper submission), the speakers of the table will send the abstract of their oral communication through the submission form. They must select the title of the monographic table in which their oral communication belongs to.
5) All abstracts will be reviewed by the scientific committee, which reserves the right to request changes directly from the authors. The inclusion of these modifications is essential for the acceptance of the symposium.
- The monographic session will have a duration of 50 minutes and will consist of four 10-min oral communications, all presented by different authors.
- The abstract of the symposium and each oral presentation must have a length between 250-300 words.
- The abstract needs to be structured in the following way: Background, Objectives, Methods, Results, and Conclusions. But, please DO NOT include the name of sections (Background, Objectives…).
- Only abstracts submitted with written results or data and definitive conclusions will be accepted. Abstract submissions indicating that “results will be presented” will not be eligible for acceptance.
- The name of the author who submits will be stated on the papers submission platform. The author who presents the work must be registered at the time of final acceptance, otherwise the work may be cancelled.
- Each participant can only be part of a symposium.
Single Oral Communication
- Abstracts for the proposal of single communications will be submitted by the papers submission platform. The length of each abstract must be between 250 and 300 words.
- Abstracts need to be structured in the following way: Background, Objectives, Methods, Results and Conclusions. Please DO NOT include the name of sections (Background, Objectives…).
- Only abstracts submitted with written results or data and definitive conclusions will be accepted. Abstract submissions indicating that “results will be presented” will not be eligible for acceptance
- Abstracts for the proposal of posters will be submitted by the papers submission using the submission form stating the name of the presenting author.
- The length of each abstract must be between 250 and 300 words.
- Abstracts need to be structured in the following way: Background, Objectives, Methods, Results and Conclusions. Please DO NOT include the name of sections (Background, Objectives…). Only abstracts submitted with written results or data and definitive conclusions will be accepted. Abstract submissions indicating that “results will be presented” will not be eligible for acceptance.
- Each registered author may submit up to three abstracts, and may sign a maximum of 5 abstracts.
- A jury will make a pre-selection of the posters presented according to originality and quality criteria of the study. The finalists will present their work in a 10-minute oral presentation.
The authors of the accepted papers will received detailed instructions when the jury will accepted their communication. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact the Technical Secretariat at: email@example.com.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE EXHIBITION OF POSTERS
During the congress, there will be several half-day sessions, and physical posters will be displayed. The posters must be printed in size A0 and must use the template provided by the organization: template-POSTER-AITANA.
The poster sessions will be as follows:
1st session. Thursday, November 17. It will remain on display from 9 a.m. until the end of the day.
2nd session. Friday 18. It will be on display from 9am until the end of the day.
- In case of not removing the poster at the specified time, the organization is not responsible for it.
- If you have paid for the printing service, the organization of the congress will be responsible for placing/removing your poster.
The jury will be composed of the following members:
- Josefa Canals Sans, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Spain
- Maria de la Fe Rodríguez Muñoz, UNED, Spain
- José Antonio Piqueras Rodríguez. Universidad Miguel Hernández, Spain
OPTIONAL PRINTING POSTER SERVICE
The organization of the Congress offers a service of printing and placement / removal of posters in size A0. The cost is € 32,50. To request this service, you must select it HERE BEFORE October 31 and pay the fee before the deadline.
If the payment is not confirmed before the deadline, this service cannot be guaranteed. The authors must use the template provided by the organization to prepare their posters. The file must be sent BEFORE October 31 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The name of the file must be the number of your poster. The pdf format 841 mm width x 1.189 mm height) must be used. The template prepared by the organization already includes these measures. The organization exclusively provides the printing service, so it is NOT responsible for the content, format, font size, quality of the images, etc.
GENERAL ABSTRACT GUIDELINES
|To present a work, at least the corresponding author must be registered to the Congress at the time of work acceptance. The name of presenting author will be indicated in the submission form.
All authors who sign the work must be indicated on the platform by completing the following fields: Name and Last name, Mail, Work Center, City and Country.
|The abstracts for the oral presentations as well as for the posters will be submitted via the submission form. The length of the abstract must be between 250 and 300 words.
|Each registered author may submit up to three abstracts, and may be co-author in a maximum of 5 abstracts.
|The title should always be written in capital letters with a maximum of 15 words.
|The work center (without detailing faculty, department, etc.) and province of each author must be written in Sentence Type and in the corresponding language and separated by commas, except the country that will be written in English followed by a period (Exemple: Universidade do Porto, Porto, Portugal.; Universitat de València, Valencia, Spain.).
|In case that the authors do not meet the guidelines, the organization committee reserves the right to edit the information provided by the authors in the abstract, specifically in the fields: “authors”, “work center” and “province/state”, in order to meet the guidelines indicated above.
With the sponsorship of
With the support of